Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The week after the morning before the night after...

Well..... That was fun...

As the Aussie Bloggers start coming back online and posting their accounts of Mardi Gras I can't help but have a huge smile on my face.

I love Mardi Gras, in every respect. I love what it says, what it allows us to say and how we get to do it.
I love the mainstream coming to meet us half way. Like an acknowledgment or validation.

I love the lazy Sunday I give myself to recover from the night before, just a day of lounging and eating and reading. No gym, no cardio, no schedule, no deadlines, no obligations and no disappointments.
A day of reflection of all the things I've just done.

After thinking I wouldn't be watching the parade (I never have, Im always making the commute up from my town getting ready for the party) I was invited to the party all my mates were going to... A roof terrace overlooking the Oxford St route. An amazing vantage point to watch the whole thing pass by. I met amazing people who were all in great moods. Drinking, eating, laughing and living.

The party itself was AMAZING. Firstly, I looked godamn HOT in my grass skirt. Like all buff and ripped, which is a big call from me.
I felt great.
The music was hot, the dance floors were hot, the guys were SMOKING HOT!

Mardi Gras 2007 .... Two thumbs up.

4 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Single Guy said...

All talk no pics? dont we get to see your hot pics??

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Sue said...

See, I told you you would look hot in your grass skirt. Glad you had a super time at MG! :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger NarcissusAU said...

Thats actually my one regret over the whole weekend..... I didn't take a single picture! Not of the terrace roof top scene, the parade below us, my friends or me dressed as what was dubbed "Tropical Jesus".
Thats a pretty big regret.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger brenton said...

NO PICS? that's criminal! i wanna see you in the grass skirt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Raunchy Gay Blogs