Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Insight into the true New York...


I saw this news story on NineMSN today and thought it was rather cool. You see it seems somebody has put together a collection of letters written to the Mayor's office of the great city of New York. Letters of complaint.

I just love the idea that these letters go back to a period predating the civilisation of my whole country.... I mean there was some dude in America demanding compo from New York City before some other dude had even said "You know what? Lets call this grassy bit with the harbour 'Sydney'". (And to add to my humour the first letter in the collection, from 1751, is a compensation claim...how American is THAT!)

Anyway, if anyone in New York happens to get more info on this....There is one interested Aussie over here who would like a bit more info...

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Mark said...

WOW! That compo claim is very USA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Raunchy Gay Blogs