Tuesday, January 30, 2007

OuuuuuchhhhhH!!!!!

What the last thing you want to hear from the nurse about to remove the stitches wrapped around your jugular and holding your head to your neck??
How bout: "Oh...dear....hmmmm.....let me just get some help."

Ah ha.... right, Ill just lie here under this drop cloth you set out in readiness for all the blood splatter thats no doubt to follow.

Next nurse comes in and starts yanking out stitches... "Oh okay, this is fine... Ill just go grab a bigger tool to grab that with. Then we'll give it a good yank. that should work!"

Ah ha....right, Ill just lie here and try not to notice the blood dripping through my beard and down my neck.

My doctor walks in.... "Oh okay, let me just grab this...." yank "you hold that..." yank

At this point I calmly look up at the doctor and ask "is it at this point I get a local??"
"Ah yes, I think I will give you a squirt"
The doctor injects me and recommences yanking and pulling. All I can feel is the dull pulling and twisting of my skin around my neck.

"There we go...." slow pulling motion as a long strip of nylon thread is pulled from my neck "done!"

Thank god for local pain killers!

(And just to let you guys know, these nurses and the doctor are the best money can get. The problem they were having with my stitches was not due to their lack of skill. It was more to do with the fact that the incision was so deep and long......and Id popped a few stiches along the way in the gym....)

But the results are in. The whole tumor was successfully removed and the site is clean. Just a few more tests to come back on the rest of my body and then its the ALL CLEAR.

I think Im going to shave my beard to celebrate. New beginnings and big adventures.

Once again, thanks for all the support and kind words....hopefully soon Ill be able to go out and really "Celebrate" my new cancer free status and give you guys a real story to read. ;-)

6 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Single Guy said...

That's great mate! congrats. Good for you. Now you can really go out and celebrate!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Sue said...

All good news! That is what I like to hear. Let the good times roll!!!

 
At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see pics of the scar!
Glad to hear it looks like you got a clean bill of health. Now get to the gym.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Superdrewby said...

That's excellent mate!

now get to the gym and pump those guns!

D

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger NarcissusAU said...

I just gotta go get my tan and get my car fixed and then Ill spend quite a bit of time in my Emerald city very very soon....
Its Mardi Gras time, I always enjoy this time of year.

And you better beleive I was back in the gym!!!

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, sounds like you have had a tough time of late...Glad to know you are on the mend, it would seem you are in good spirits too which always helps...big hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Raunchy Gay Blogs